CHESTERTOWN, Md.— Home-standing Washington College, ranked 15th in the Atlantic South region, posted a 7-2 Centennial Conference men's tennis win over visiting Gettysburg this afternoon. The Shoremen improved to 5-11 overall and 3-4 in conference matches with the win, while the Bullets dropped to 6-10 and 1-7.
Washington College 7, Gettysburg 2
- The Shoremen took a 1-0 lead courtesy of an 8-4 win at No. 2 by Jeremy Novick and Justin Panepinto.
- The Bullets tied things up with a 9-8(5) win by Dave Musser and Christian Deschapelles over Ryland Byrd and Zack Novick at No. 1.
- Washington regained the edge, 2-1, thanks to an 8-1 victory by Luke Weaver and Jake Sandler against Kevin Maier and Andrew Corwin.
- Washington won every singles match in straight sets. Sandler started singles off with a 6-0, 6-1, win against Deschapelles at No. 2. Byrd followed with his 6-4, 6-2, win against Musser at No. 1 to extend the Shoremen's lead to 4-1. Zack Novick clinched the win for the Shoremen with a 6-2, 6-1, win against Vehslage at No. 6.
- Garrett Boleslav tacked on a 6-2, 6-0, win against Corwin at No. 5, Panepinto beat Maier, 7-5, 6-2, at No. 3, before DeRosa picked up the Bullets' second point of the match with his 7-6(2), 7-6(1) win against Jeremy Novick at No. 4.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/26 v. #22 Swarthmore - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)