Sandler, Z. Novick Win in Singles & Doubles for Shoremen
CHESTERTOWN, Md.— Visiting Haverford College, ranked 17th in the Atlantic South region, ran its record to 9-1 overall and 3-0 in conference play with a 6-3 win over host Washington College this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
Haverford 6, Washington College 3
- Haverford won both of the first two doubles matches to finish by identical 8-4 scores. Luis Acaba and Harrison Elbert beat Ryland Byrd and Justin Panepinto at No. 1, while Dais Nakayama and Josh Moskovitz defeated Jeremy Novick and Garrett Boleslav at No. 2.
- The Shoremen (2-9, 1-2 Centennial) picked up a win at No. 3 where Zack Novick and Jake Sandler topped Ishaan Prinz and Nick Sweeney, 8-6. Novick and Sandler trailed, 5-1, before winning seven of the next eight games to get the victory.
- Moskovitz extended the Haverford lead to 3-1 with a 6-0, 6-3, win over Panepinto at No. 3.
- Acaba's 6-3, 6-3, win at No. 1 against Byrd brought the Fords to within a point of clinching the match and Elbert made it official with his 7-5, 6-2, victory over Jeremy Novick at No. 4.
- Sandler picked up the Shoremen's second point of the match with a 7-6(6), 6-2, win over Nakayama at No. 2.
- Prinz got Haverford's sixth point of the match with a 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, win against Boleslav at No. 5.
- Zack Novick provided the final margin and the Shoremen's third point with a 2-6, 6-2, 6-4, victory over Zach Mason at No. 6.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/9 @ Muhlenberg - 12:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)