PITTSBURGH, Pa.— Host Carnegie Mellon, ranked seventh in Division III and second in the Atlantic South region, improved to 10-5 this season with a 9-0 win over visiting Washington College (2-7) in a non-conference men's tennis match this afternoon.
#7 Carnegie Mellon 9, Washington College 0
- Vayum Arora and Daniel Levine, the region's second-ranked doubles team, beat Ryland Byrd and Justin Panepinto, 8-2, at No. 1.
- Jeffrey Chen and Kenny Zheng topped Jeremy Novick and Garrett Boleslav, 8-2, at No. 2.
- Abhishek Alla and Yuvraj Kumar defeated Jake Sandler and Zack Novick, 8-1, at No. 3.
- Alla, ranked eighth in Division III and fourth in the region, beat Byrd, 6-3, 6-2, at No. 1, while Levine (27th in Division III, sixth in region), was a 6-2, 6-3, winner against Sandler at No. 2.
- Arora beat Panepinto, 6-2, 6-2, at No. 3, while Kunal Wadwani beat Jeremy Novick, 6-3, 6-0, at No. 4.
- Chaz Downing bested Boleslav, 6-1, 6-0, at No. 5 and Zheng downed Zack Novick, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 6.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/2 v. #26 Franklin & Marshall - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)