Shoremen Sweep Doubles, Take Five Singles Spots
ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. — Visiting Washington College picked up its first win of the season, defeating host St. Mary's College, 8-1, in a non-conference men's tennis match this afternoon. The Shoremen improved to 1-3 with the win, while the Seahawks fell to 1-3 with the loss.
Washington College 8, St. Mary's (Md.) 1
- Ryland Byrd and Justin Panepinto rolled to an 8-1 win for the Shoremen at No. 1 against Mark Hardesty and Connor McKissick.
- Matt Katz and Luke Weaver were winners at No. 2 for the Shoremen, topping Robert Bishop and Troy Spurrier, 8-4.
- Washington completed the doubles sweep with an 8-6 win by John Niswander and Garrett Boleslav against Nick Esroy and Kyle Van Winter at No. 3.
- Sandler scored a 7-5, 6-3, win against Hardesty at No. 1.
- Panepinto dispatched of Bishop, 6-2, 6-0, at No. 2.
- Jeremy Novick added a 6-3, 6-2, win for the Shoremen at No. 3 against Wyatt Paulishak.
- Weaver got the better of Byron Dickerson, 6-0, 6-3, at No. 4.
- Zachary Novick blanked McKissick, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 5.
- Esroy accounted for the Seahawks' lone point with a 6-3, 7-5, victory against Niswander at No. 6.
- The doubles win for Niswander was the first win of his collegiate career. The doubles win for Weaver was the first doubles win of his collegiate career.
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/13 v. Amherst (at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps) - TBA