CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Ursinus College defeated host Washington College, 152-103, in Centennial Conference men's swimming action this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center. Teague Sauter won both breaststroke events for the Shoremen in the loss.
Ursinus 152, Washington College 103
- Sauter won the 100 breaststroke in 1:02.37 and the 200 breaststroke in 2:18.22. Nate Braddock added the Shoremen's other first-place finish on the day, taking the 500 freestyle in 4:54.38. His third-place time of 10:13.78 in the 1000 freestyle made him the Shoremen's sixth-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Andrew Feeley was second in both backstroke events for the Shoremen, finishing the 100 backstroke in 53.32 and the 200 backstroke in 2:00.16.
- Seth Wrigley was second in the 100 butterfly in 55.35. Brendan Jones places second in the 400 individual medley in 4:24.49, but received the first-place points as the Bears entered the final two events as exhibitions only.
- The Bears improved to 6-2 overall and 4-2 in conference meets with the win, while the Shoremen slipped to 2-8 and 0-5 with the loss.
- Sauter was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Swimmer of the Meet.
2/9 v. McDaniel - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)
- The meet against McDaniel will be the Shoremen's Senior Day meet and final dual meet of the season.