Edwards, Sullivan Win One Individual Event Each
RICHMOND, Va. — The Washington College men's swim team finished fourth of seven teams at the Yellow Jacket Invitational, hosted by Randolph-Macon yesterday and today at the Collegiate School Aquatic Center. Brett Edwards and Aidan Sullivan each won an individual event for the Shoremen.
Yellow Jacket Invitational
Shoremen Individual Highlights
- Edwards won the 200 breaststroke in 2:09.14. He was also second in the 100 breaststroke in 59.57 and 12th in the 200 individual medley in 2:02.24. Sullivan won the 100 freestyle in 47.46. He was also third in the 200 freestyle in 1:45.45 and sixth in the 200 individual medley in 1:58.80.
- Andrew Feeley was second in the 200 backstroke in 1:51.68, fourth in the 100 backstroke in 52.98, and fifth in the 200 individual medley in 1:58.60. Brendan Jones finished third in three events - the 500 freestyle (4:47.06), the 400 individual medley (4:16.77), and the 200 butterfly (1:57.46). Teague Sauter placed third in the 100 breaststroke in 1:00.43, sixth in the 200 breaststroke in 2:16.49, and 15th in the 200 individual medley in 2:03.56.
- Nate Braddock was fourth in the 1650 freestyle in 16:59.37 to become the Shoremen's sixth-fastest swimmer ever in that event and was fourth in the 500 freestyle in 4:51.70 to become the Shoremen's 10th-fastest swimmer ever in that event. He was also eighth in the 200 freestyle in 1:46.65. Seth Wrigley finished fourth in the 100 butterfly in 53.32, ninth in the 200 butterfly in 2:02.12, and 13th in the 50 freestyle in 23.11.
- Joseph Bozzi placed ninth in the 100 butterfly in 54.80 and 14th in the 200 butterfly in 2:08.71. Michael Cebzanov was 10th in the 200 breaststroke in 2:22.62 and 14th in the 100 breaststroke in 1:06.41. Dave Rovansek finished 10th in the 50 freestyle in 22.50 and 15th in the 200 freestyle in 1:52.18. Matthew Gregory placed 12th in the 100 breaststroke in 1:05.55, while Alex Sabo placed 13th in the 1650 freestyle in 16:59.37.
Shoremen Relay Highlights
- Jones, Sullivan, Feeley, and Braddock were second in the 800 freestyle relay in 7:05.51.
- Feeley, Edwards, Wrigley, and Sullivan placed third in the 400 medley relay in 3:34.79.
- Jones, Sullivan, Rovansek, and Feeley finished third in the 400 freestyle relay in 3:14.34.
- Sullivan, Braddock, Wrigley, and Rovansek placed sixth in the 200 freestyle relay in 1:29.24.
- Feeley, Edwards, Wrigley, and Rovansek were sixth in the 200 medley relay in 1:40.21.
- Barton College won the men's team title with 1,686 points. Catholic was second (1,582), Randolph-Macon third (1,239), the Shoremen fourth (1,145), Marymount fifth (660), St. Mary's (Md.) sixth (637), and Bridgewater seventh (276).
12/8 @ York - 1 p.m.