Jones Wins Two Individual Events for Shoremen in Loss
LANCASTER, Pa. — Host Franklin & Marshall defeated visiting Washington College, 154-108, in the Centennial Conference men's swimming opener for both teams tonight at Kunkel Aquatic Center. Brendan Jones won two individual events for the Shoremen in the loss.
Franklin & Marshall 154, Washington College 108
- Jones won both the 1000 freestyle and 200 butterfly for the Shoremen in 10:23.40 and 2:02.89, respectively.
- Andrew Feeley won the 200 backstroke in 1:55.57 and was second in the 200 individual medley in 2:05.43.
- Brett Edwards and Jake Brown each placed second in two individual events. Edwards was second in the 100 breaststroke in 1:01.66 and in the 200 breaststroke in 2:16.37. Brown placed second in the 50 freestyle in 21.64 and the 100 freestyle in 48.95.
- Leo Johnson finished second in the 500 freestyle in 4:58.53, while Seth Wrigley was second in the 200 butterfly in 2:05.31.
- The Diplomats improved to 3-1 overall with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 0-2.
11/3 v. Gettysburg - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)