Shoremen Finish Unblemished Dual-Meet Schedule with 57-38 Win at McDaniel
WESTMINSTER, Md. — The Washington College men's swim team completed a perfect 10-0 dual meet schedule and captured the Centennial Conference dual-meet championship with a 57-38 win over host McDaniel College this afternoon. The Shoremen finish conference dual-meet competition with a 6-0 Centennial mark.
Washington College 57, McDaniel 38
How It Happened
- The Shoremen won six of the meet's nine individual events as Pat Elliott and Lucas Morgan won two a piece. Elliott took the 1000 freestyle in 10:06.01 and the 100 backstroke in 53.62. Morgan won the 200 individual medley in 2:00.45 and the 200 breaststroke in 2:11.53. Elliott was also second in the 500 freestyle in 5:09.00.
- Cody Weiler won the 50 freestyle in a Washington College season-best time of 21.69 and was second in the 100 freestyle in 48.34. Ty Cummings won the 100 butterfly in 53.00.
- The Shoremen won the 200 freestyle relay to finish out the meet as Weiler, Brent Longenecker, DJ Bradshaw, and Kevin Mackenzie placed first in 1:29.63.
- Mackenzie placed second in the 200 freestyle in 1:50.10, while Longenecker was second in the 50 freestyle in 22.21. Charles Logan added a second-place finish in the 100 backstroke in 54.15.
- The Shoremen's perfect 10-0 dual-meet mark this season is the first unbeaten head-to-head record by any Washington College varsity team since the 2001-02 women's swim team went 12-0. It is the first unbeaten season by a men's varsity team at the College since the men's soccer team finished 8-0 in 1947.
- The Shoremen's 10 wins this season are a program record, besting the previous high of nine set in 2013-14 and matched in 2014-15.
- Dating back to last season, the Shoremen have now won 17 consecutive dual meets. That is the longest head-to-head win streak by any Washington College varsity team since the women's swim team won 24 dual meets in a row by winning 12 straight to end the 2000-01 season and then going 12-0 during the 2001-02 season.
- McDaniel finishes its dual-meet schedule with a 1-8 overall record and an 0-6 mark in conference meets.
Up Next for the Shoremen
2/19-21 @ Centennial Conference Championships (hosted by Gettysburg)