Junior Accounts for Two of Shoremen's Three Goals
WESTMINSTER, Md. — Junior Greg Adams (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) scored two goals, including the game-winner, as the Washington College men's soccer team defeated host McDaniel, 3-2, in overtime in a Centennial Conference game this afternoon.
Washington College 3, McDaniel 2 (OT)
How It Happened
- The Green Terror took a 1-0 lead when Jacob Wells scored at the 14:58 mark.
- Cole Gifford evened the score for the Shoremen with a goal off an Eric Gwadz assist at 34:32.
- McDaniel went back in front, 2-1, before halftime on a Corey Long goal at 40:06.
- The Shoremen again tied the score, this time at 2-2, at 82:20 when Adams scored his first goal, off a Kyle Gaeffke assist.
- Adams scored the game-winner at the 95:46 mark off an assist from James Strine.
For the Shoremen (6-4-1, 1-2-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Adams (2 goals), Gifford (goal), Gaeffke (assist); Strine (assist); Gwadz (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Gavin Campbell (1 save, 2 goals allowed, 95:46)
- The Shoremen had three corner kicks and six shots in the game.
For McDaniel (9-3, 1-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Wells (goal), Long (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Aaron Bilbie (1 save, 3 goals allowed, 95:46)
- The Green Terror finished the game with eight shots and two corner kicks.
10/12 @ Dickinson - 4:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)