Marshall Tallies 11 Points And Game Best Three Steals
SWARTHMORE, Pa. — Host and 13th ranked Swarthmore got a double double of 15 points and 12 rebounds from Zac O'Dell en route to an 83-51 win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference men's basketball game played tonight at Tarble Pavillion in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. It was the Centennial Conference opener for both teams.
#13 Swarthmore 83, Washington College 51
How It Happened
- The Shoremen took an early 5-2 lead courtesy of a three pointer from Tray Wright with 18:16 to go in the opening half.
- Swarthmore would respond with a 9-0 run to take an 11-5 lead with 15:52 to play in the half on a jump shot from George Visconti. During the run, a layup from Cam Wiley with 17:37 to go gave Swarthmore the lead for good at 6-5.
- A three pointer from Dallas Marshall pulled the Shoremen back within six points at 26-20 with 4:58 to go, but that was as close as the Shoremen would get the rest of the night.
- Swarthmore took a 35-25 lead into halftime as Wright capped the first half scoring for the Shoremen on a three pointer with just three seconds to play.
- Marshall made a layup for the Shoremen 15 seconds into the second half to cut the lead to single digits at 35-27, but Ryan Ingram made a three pointer for the Garnet on the next possession to push the lead back to double digits at 38-27.
- The Garnet would lead by at least 11 points the rest of the way.
For the Shoremen (3-2 Overall, 0-1 Centennial Conference)
- Marshall (11 points, game high three steals), Wright (eight points), Austin Allen (team high five rebounds), Daniel Brown (team high two blocks, tied for game high).
- The Shoremen shot 36.5% (19-for-52) from the floor in the loss, 21.4% (3-for-14) from three, and 66.7% (10-for-15) at the free throw line.
- Washington committed 13 turnovers, while forcing the Garnet to turn the ball over 16 times.
For #13 Swarthmore (3-0 Overall, 1-0 Centennial Conference)
- O'Dell (game bests of 15 points, 12 rebounds, six assists, and two blocks to tie Brown for game high), Wiley (15 points to match O'Dell for game high), Conor Harkins (11 points), Visconti (10 points).
- The Garnet shot 50.9% (27-for-53) from the floor in the win, 50% (11-for-22) from three, and 78.3% (18-for-23) from the free throw line.
- Swarthmore owned a commanding 42-16 advantage in rebounds, 12 of which came on the offensive end, which they turned into a 13-2 advantage in second chance points.
Up Next for the Shoremen
11/26 v. Salisbury - 7:00 p.m.
- The game will be the first of four home games in a span of eight days for the Shoremen, as Washington will host the Seagulls, Ursinus, Johns Hopkins, and Goucher between Monday, November 26th and Monday, December 3rd.