Brandt, Harrington Score in Win for Shorewomen
WESTMINSTER, Md. — The Washington College field hockey team outshot host McDaniel, 16-2, en route to a 2-0 Centennial Conference win this afternoon in Westminster, Md.
Washington College 2, McDaniel 0
How It Happened
- Kailyn Brandt gave the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead by knocking in a ball originally sent from the top of the circle from Julianna Sterling with 7:44 left in the first quarter.
- The Shorewomen recorded all seven shots in the first quarter.
- Neither team recorded a shot in the second quarter.
- The Shorewomen's second goal came with 7:47 left in the third quarter when Anna Harrington scored at the left wing off a pass from the right post from Grace Steele.
- The Shorewomen notched all seven of the third-quarter shots.
- The Shorewomen took the first two shots of the fourth quarter before the Green Terror finally put a pair of shots on goal.
For the Shorewomen (2-7, 1-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Brandt (goal); Harrington (goal); Steele (assist); Sterling (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Kayla Zapcic (2 saves, 0 goals allowed, 60:00)
- The Shorewomen held an 8-3 advantage in penalty corner in the game.
For McDaniel (2-7, 0-4 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Ford (12 saves, 2 goals allowed, 60:00)
10/8 v. Swarthmore - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)