SALISBURY, Md. — Host and fourth-ranked Salisbury opened up a 5-0 halftime lead en route to a 7-0 win over visiting Washington College in a non-conference field hockey game played tonight at Sea Gull Stadium in Salisbury, Maryland.
#4 Salisbury 7, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- The Sea Gulls took the lead just 4:18 into the contest when Rachel Domanico took a pass in front of the goal from Tara Daddio and scored.
- Kailyn Brandt took the only shot of the night for the Shorewomen 6:55 into the game, putting a shot on goal which was stopped by Salisbury goalkeeper Dom Farrace.
- Camryn Dennis put Salisbury up 2-0 with 4:49 left in the opening quarter, scoring during a penalty corner on an assist from Jenna Partilla.
- McKenzie Mitchell stole a clearing attempt from Washington and scored just 33 seconds into the second quarter to put the Sea Gulls ahead 3-0.
- Daddio gave Salisbury a 4-0 lead with 9:30 to go in the second quarter and scored another goal just 3:24 later to extend the lead to 5-0, which held up as the halftime score.
- Salisbury scored a goal in each of the third and fourth quarters to provide the final margin.
For the Shorewomen (1-3)
- Scorers: None.
- Goalkeeper: Kayla Zapcic (two saves, three goals allowed, 17:22), Caroline Kral (seven saves, four goals allowed, 42:38).
- Madison Hackett picked up a defensive save for the Shorewomen.
For #4 Salisbury (5-0)
- Scorers: Daddio (two goals, one assist), Domanico (one goal), Dennis (one goal), Mitchell (one goal), Rebecca Lloyd (one goal), Peyton Kemp (one goal), Arielle Johnston (two assists), Partilla (one assist), Meghan Jolikko (one assist).
- Goalkeeper: Farrace (one save, zero goals allowed, 37:09), Mackenzie Peacock (zero saves, zero goals allowed, 22:51).
- Salisbury held a commanding 21-1 advantage in shots and took all 14 penalty corners in the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/14 v. York (Pa.) - 7:00 p.m.
- The game will be the home opener for the Shorewomen.