Schroyer, Ingersoll Score in Loss for Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Muhlenberg College rallied from a 2-1 halftime deficit to defeat host Washington College, 3-2, in a Centennial Conference field hockey game this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium. The game was the regular-season finale for both teams; Muhlenberg will play as the fourth seed in the upcoming Centennial Conference Tournament.
Muhlenberg 3, Washington College 2
How It Happened
- A blast from Nicole Schroyer from just inside the circle on the first shot of the game gave the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead just 2:41 into the contest.
- The Mules tied the game with 12:06 to go in the first half when Rachel Richards poked home a rebound.
- Clare Ingersoll put the Shorewomen back in front just 2:31 later by scoring on a loose ball right in front of the goal.
- The Mules headed into halftime trailing by one goal despite holding a 14-2 advantage in shots in the half.
- Stephi Rydgren evened the score for the Mules with a goal off a rebounded shot with 23:06 remaining in the second half.
- Rydgren scored the game-winner on a high shot from the right of the goal with 9:27 left.
- With just over two minutes to play, Olivia Auer took a shot that was saved by Muhlenberg goalkeeper Jordan Segrave for the Shorewomen's final scoring chance.
For the Shorewomen (4-14, 4-6 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Schroyer (goal), Ingersoll (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Morgan Domanico (8 saves, 3 goals allowed, 70:00)
- Emily Pantazes and Olivia Auer each had a defensive save in the game for the Shorewomen.
For Muhlenberg (9-7, 8-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Rydgren (2 goals), Richards (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Segrave (1 save, 2 goals allowed, 70:00)
- Muhlenberg held a 20-7 advantage in shots and an 8-3 edge in penalty corners in the game.
- Schroyer was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.