Shorewomen Win at Top Two Doubles, Top Five Singles Spots
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Washington College women's tennis team, ranked 40th in Division III and eighth in the Atlantic South region, beat Berry College, ranked 12th in the region, 7-2, today in Orlando, Fla. The Shorewomen improved to 2-0 with the win, while Berry fell to 1-2.
#40 Washington College 7, Berry 2
- Julie Lazer and Rachel Martinez notched a convincing 8-1 win for the Shorewomen at No. 1, defeating Mary Cerny and Lauren Byrket. MP Hubert and Krista Filiopoulos defeated Karleigh Dills and Kelsey McCray, 8-0, at No. 2, for Washington's other doubles win.
- The Vikings scored a win at No. 3 where Emmie Cornell and Sage Havrilla downed Kiran Pant and Mariah Thomas, 8-2.
- Lazer outlasted Cerny, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2, at No. 1, while Martinez earned a 6-3, 7-5, victory against Byrket at No. 2.
- Filiopoulos and Hubert rolled to their singles wins. Filiopoulos beat McCray, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 3, while Hubert blanked Havrilla, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 4.
- Pant topped Cornell, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 5.
- Dills picked up Berry's lone singles win, 6-1, 6-1, against Thomas at No. 6.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
3/15 v. Bloomsburg - 8:00 a.m. (at Orlando, Fla.)