Portmann, Gorman Win Two Individual Events Each for the Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Swarthmore College remained undefeated with a 134-71 Centennial Conference women's swimming victory over host Washington College this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
Swarthmore 134, Shorewomen 71
- Julia Portmann won both distance events by narrow margins for the Shorewomen. Her time of 10:56.44 in the 1000 freestyle won that event by 63 one-hundredths of a second, while her winning time in 500 freestyle was 5:20.06 for a margin of victory of 28 one-hundredths of a second. She was also second in the 200 freestyle in 2:00.24.
- Katie Gorman won the 50 freestyle in 25.31 and the 100 freestyle in 55.05 for Washington.
- Lindsay Wiecki added a second-place finish in the 200 butterfly in 2:19.40, while Maija Adourian was second in the 200 backstroke in 2:20.69.
- The Garnet improved to 4-0 overall and 4-0 in conference meets with the win, while the Shorewomen fell to 2-3 and 1-2 with the loss.
- Portmann was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Swimmer of the Meet.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
11/17 v. St. Mary's (Md.) - 6:00 p.m.