PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — The Washington College women's rowing team had a fifth-place finish in the women's collegiate four to highlight the Shorewomen's day of racing at the Navy Day Regatta on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia today.
Navy Day Regatta
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen's "A" boat in the women's collegiate four turned in a fifth-place time in the 23-boat race of 16:33.11. Their "B" boat was 23rd in 20:42.39. Penn's "A" and "B" boats took first and second in 15:43.50 and 15:48.47, respectively. Delaware placed third in 15:57.29, while Temple's "A" boat was fourth in 16:27.29, making the Shorewomen's top four the best-finishing non-Division I crew in the race.
- The Shorewomen's boat in the open/collegiate eight finished 12th of 26 crews in 15:38.32 and was the highest-finishing non-Division I crew in the race. Penn's "A" boat won the race in 14:21.77, Navy's "A" boat was second in 14:50.66, and Drexel was third in 14:56.30.
- The Shorewomen's entry in the collegiate junior varsity eight placed 12th of 16 crews in a race where they and 16th-place St. Mary's were the only two non-Division I boats in the race. The Shorewomen's time was 16:45.97. Penn's "A" boat won the race in 14:38.13, while Drexel's "A" and "B" boats took second and third in 14:51.74 and 15:22.00, respectively.
Shorewomen Boat Lineups
- Collegiate Four "A": Olivia Robb (coxswain), Jules Shipps (stroke), Maddie Morrissette (three), Erika Reynolds (two), Jackie Creitz (bow)
- Collegiate Four "B": Amelia Berbach (coxswain), Lexi Hegeman (stroke), Brenna Kacar (three), Annie Grosscup (two), Kaitlyn O'Donnell (bow)
- Collegiate Junior Varsity Eight: Emma Carter (coxswain), Annie Sniffen (stroke), Kelin McCloskey (seven), Lizzie Bienert (six), Kerri Walsh (five), Megan Prokopius (four), Kelley Gardner (three), Mackenzie Gaze (two), Hannah Cagle (bow)
- Open/Collegiate Eight: Robb (coxswain), Shipps (stroke), Reynolds (seven), Creitz (six), Morrissette (five), Danielle Huston Hakey (four), Emily Goldstein (three), Leslie Collins (two), Karis Marano (bow)