Vincent Surpasses 200 Career Points in Win
BRYN MAWR, Pa. — Senior attacker Katherine Vincent (Wilton, Conn./Wilton) became the seventh player in team history to reach 200 career points as the Washington College women's lacrosse team cruised to an 18-0 Centennial Conference shutout victory over host Bryn Mawr this afternoon.
Washington College 18, Bryn Mawr 0
How It Happened
- Vincent assisted on the Shorewomen's first two goals of the game, picking up her 200th career point on a goal by Kristy Grovom with 28:49 left in the first half.
- Five minutes into the game, the Shorewomen already had a 5-0 lead, getting to that mark when Alison Pantazes assisted on a Morgen Moran goal with 25:02 left in the first half.
- Madison Schutz gave Washington a 10-0 lead with 11:29 to go before the intermission. Madison Acra's free-position goal with 11 seconds left made the score 11-0 in favor of the Shorewomen at halftime.
For the Shorewomen (8-4, 3-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scoring: Acra (3 goals, 2 assists); Moran (3 goals, 2 assists); Alison Pantazes (3 goals, 2 assists); Lauren Brenner (3 goals); Aubrey Robinson (2 goals)
- In Goal: Haylee Solomon (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 11:40); Isabella Richardson (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 18:20); Victoria Shanerman (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 30:00)
- The Shorewomen held a 30-2 advantage in shots and an 18-1 advantage in draw controls in the game.
For Bryn Mawr (1-10, 0-5 Centennial Conference)
- Scoring: none
- In Goal: Katie Alpert (9 saves, 18 goals allowed, 60:00)
- This was the sixth shutout in Washington College women's lacrosse history; four of them have come against Bryn Mawr.
- Vincent now has 148 career goals and 53 career assists to her credit.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/19 v. Haverford - 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)