McLaughlin scores 12 points
CARLISLE, Pa. — Host Dickinson had four players score in double figures as the Red Devils defeated visiting Washington College 69-50 in a Centennial Conference women's basketball game this afternoon played at the Kline Center in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It was also the season finale for the Shorewomen.
Dickinson 69, Washington College 50
How It Happened
- Washington held a 4-3 lead following a Kristi Kozlowski layup before Dickinson finished the quarter on a 10-4 run to take a 13-8 lead after the opening quarter.
- A jumper by Emily Padalino with 1:22 left in the second quarter capped a 10-0 run for Dickinson, giving them a 30-15 lead. The Shorewomen would finish the half on a 6-2 to cut the Red Devils lead to 32-21 at halftime.
- A layup from Caitlyn Clark capped a 5-0 run and cut the Dickinson lead to 35-29 with 6:33 to go in the third quarter, but the Red Devils responded with an 8-0 run of their own to take a 43-29 lead with 4:47 to go in the third.
- After Clark capped a 6-0 run by the Shorewomen to cut the lead to 43-35, Dickinson outscored Washington 11-2 in the final 2:29 of the quarter to take a 54-37 lead after the third quarter.
- The Red Devils led by at least 15 for the duration of the fourth quarter, growing their lead to as much as 25.
For the Shorewomen (9-16, 6-14 Centennial Conference)
- Bridget McLaughlin (12 points, five rebounds), Kozlowski (nine points, four rebounds, two blocks, two steals), Emily Thiemann (six points, game high seven rebounds, two blocks).
- The Shorewomen shot 35.7% from the floor, did not make a three point shot in 11 attempts, and shot 66.7% from the free throw line.
- Washington outscored Dickinson in the paint, 24-20.
For Dickinson (18-7, 15-5 Centennial Conference)
- Padalino (game high 13 points), Helen Roberts (10 points, game high four assists), Hannah Heiring (10 points), Jennifer Smith (10 points), Mary Martin (game high four steals).
- The Red Devils shot 43.4% from the floor, 45.5% from beyond the three point arc, and 76.5% from the free throw line.
- Dickinson held a 39-33 advantage in rebounds and scored 25 points off of 15 Washington turnovers.
- The Shorewomen's nine overall wins and six Centennial Conference wins this season are both improvements on last season, in which the team won three games overall and went winless in Centennial play.
- Today was the final game for Ali Grundy in her collegiate career. She finishes her career with 907 points, placing her 12th on the all-time Shorewomen scoring list.