Shoremen Sweep Doubles, Win Five of Six Singles
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The Washington College men's tennis team, ranked 20th in the Atlantic South region, improved to 9-4 overall and 3-2 in Centennial Conference matches with an 8-1 win over visiting Dickinson this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
Washington College 8, Dickinson 1
- Zack Novick and Justin Panepinto posted a convincing 8-1 win over Jackson Claudio and James Demakos at No. 3.
- Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler followed with an 8-6 win against Shawn Diniz and Sam Loring at No. 1.
- The Shoremen's doubles sweep was complete when Jeremy Novick and Luke Weaver finished off an 8-5 win over Derek Chen and Nick Reese at No. 2.
- The Shoremen clinched the match win when Salisbury finished a 6-1, 6-2, win against Diniz at No. 1 and, second later, Zack Novick completed a 6-0, 6-0, victory over Reese at No. 4.
- Sandler then added a 6-2, 6-1, win against Chen at No. 2, before Loring notched Dickinson's first point, 7-5, 6-2, against Weaver at No. 3.
- A 6-1, 6-0, win by Jeremy Novick over Demakos at No. 5 and a 7-5, 6-3, win by Matthew Katz against Lucas Burstein at No. 6 supplied the final margin.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/19 v. Ursinus - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)