Shoremen Win Two Doubles Matches
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Salisbury University, ranked 18th in the Atlantic South region, topped host Washington College (ranked 20th in the region), 7-2, in a non-conference men's tennis match this afternoon. The Sea Gulls improved to 16-5 with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 8-4 with the loss. The match began outside at Schottland Tennis Center before moving indoors to the Johnson Fitness Center for the conclusion of fourth, fifth, and sixth singles due to darkness.
Salisbury 7, Washington College 2
- The Sea Gulls picked up a decisive win at No. 2 as Matthew Ryan and Ian Siew were 8-2 winners over Jeremy Novick and Luke Weaver.
- The Shoremen won a pair of close matches at No. 1 and No. 3. Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler were 9-7 winners over Patrick MacLean and Colt Williams at No. 1, while Justin Panepinto and Zack Novick bested Garrett Malava and Grant Hudson by the same score at No. 3 for a 2-1 Washington lead.
- The Sea Gulls regained the lead, 3-2, by winning the first two singles matches to finish. Williamson bested Chris Salisbury, 6-3, 6-2, at No. 1, while Siew downed Sandler, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 2.
- The lead grew to 4-2 thanks to a 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, victory by MacLean against Weaver at No. 3. Salisbury clinched the win courtesy of a 2-6, 6-3, 7-5, win by Hudson against Zack Novick at No. 4.
- Ryan downed Jeremy Novick, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 5 and Andrew Rainger edged August Meriot, 6-7(5), 6-4, 10-8, at No. 6 to complete the singles sweep for the Sea Gulls.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/15 v. Dickinson - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)
- The match against Dickinson will be the Shoremen's Senior Day match.