Sandler Improves to 10-0 in Singles This Spring
ALLENTOWN, Pa. — The Washington College men's tennis team, ranked 20th in the Atlantic South region, upped its record to 8-2 overall and 2-1 in Centennial Conference matches this season with an 8-1 win over host Muhlenberg this afternoon in Allentown, Pa. The Mules dropped to 3-6 and 0-5 with the loss.
Washington College 8, Muhlenberg 1
- Jeremy Novick and Luke Weaver picked up the first point of the day for the Shoremen with an 8-1 win over Evan Johannet and Jon Yandle at No. 3.
- Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler were then 8-4 winners for Washington against Mickey Schindler and David Woods at No. 1.
- Zack Novick and Justin Panepinto completed the doubles sweep for the Shoremen by pulling out a 9-8(2) win against Alex Dagilis and Andrew Natko at No. 2.
- Panepinto's 6-1, 6-3, win against Johannet at No. 6 was the first singles match to finish, followed by Zack Novick's 6-2, 6-4, win over Dagilis at No. 4.
- Weaver picked up the clinching point with his 6-3, 6-2, victory against Nicholas Oliveti at No. 3 for a 5-1 Shoremen lead.
- Schindler then topped Salisbury, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 1 for Muhlenberg's lone point of the match before Jeremy Novick finished off a 6-2, 6-4, victory over Steven Shoemaker at No. 5.
- Sandler's 6-2, 6-0, triump over Woods at No. 2 was the final match to finish. The win increased Sandler's singles record this spring to a perfect 10-0.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/11 @ #37 Swarthmore - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)