Luciani Makes 15 Saves in Loss
CARLISLE, Pa. — Gordon College scored once in each half to defeat Washington College, 2-0, in non-conference men's soccer action at the Dickinson College Tournament today in Carlisle, Pa.
Gordon 2, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- David Cochran scored off an assist from Josh Cochran at 23:02 to give the Fighting Scots at 1-0 lead.
- Gordon had a 12-3 advantage in shots in the first half, putting six on goal to the Shoremen's none.
- The Fighting Scots started the second half with a flurry, registering three shots on goal in the first five minutes of the period, but Washington goalkeeper Jonathan Luciani stopped all three.
- The Shoremen's first shot on goal of the game came from Brian Graham in the 51st minute, but was stopped by Gordon goalkeeper Wesley Sprague.
- Gordon continued to send shots Luciani's way, but he turned them all away to keep it a one-goal game. The Shoremen had a pair of shots on goal by Griffin Bull in the 70th and 72nd minutes.
- Bull put another shot on goal in the 82nd that was saved by Sprague before Gordon finally got another one past Luciani as Josh Cochran scored off an Ian Burkhart assist at 86:43.
For the Shoremen (0-3)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Luciani (15 saves, 2 goals allowed, 90:00)
For Gordon (2-2)
- Scorers: J. Cochran (goal, assist), D. Cochran (goal), Burkhart (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Sprague (4 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Fighting Scots held a 31-10 advantage in shots and a 7-5 edge in corner kicks in the game.
Up Next for the Shoremen
9/10 v. Lycoming (@ Dickinson Tournament) - 2:30 p.m.