PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — The Washington College men's rowing team competed against La Salle and Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference rival Franklin & Marshall in a regatta on the Schuylkill River today. The Shoremen won the first varsity eight.
Shoremen v. La Salle, Franklin & Marshall
How It Happened
- The Shoremen won the first varsity eight in 6:12.6. La Salle was second (6:24.6), followed by Franklin & Marshall third (6:34.6).
- The other race included second varsity eights from all three schools and the Shoremen's novice eight racing as a third varsity eight. La Salle won that race in 6:37.7, followed by Washington's second varsity eight in second (6:50.5), the Shoremen's novices in third (7:02.1), and Franklin & Marshall in fourth (7:06.2).
Shoremen Boat Line-Ups
- First Varsity Eight: John Gould (coxswain), Zee Ali (stroke), Joe Stockburger (seven), Ian Briggs (six), Ryan Miranda (five), Sean Haynie (four), Samson Ramasamy (three), Chris Eggstein (two), Mark Boissonneault (bow)
- Second Varsity Eight: Alex Kincaid (coxswain), Daniel Benton (stroke), John Bruno (seven), T. Ian Flinn (six), Teddy Connell (five), Jeffrey Wrobel (four), Ethan LaLumia (three), Matt Dimond (two), Lee Potter (bow)
- Third Varsity (Novice) Eight: Jacob Yallof (coxswain), Brett Van Hoven (stroke), Nate Bonsib (seven), Cody Bistline (six), Ethan Grugan (five), Tyler Buchanan (four), Jack Despeaux (three), Andrew Walters (two), Nick Misata (bow)
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/9&10 @ Knecht Cup (West Windsor, N.J.)