Carter Scores A Team High Eight Points
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Host Division I Navy defeated visiting Washington College 110-45 in a men's basketball exhibition game for the Shoremen played today at Alumni Hall. The game was an exhibition for the Shoremen, but counted as a regular season game for the Midshipmen, who are now 3-2 on the year.
Navy 110, Washington College 45
How It Happened
- The Shoremen jumped out to a 4-0 lead courtesy of baskets from Dallas Marshall and Kaiden Williams.
- Navy would take the lead by scoring the next 12 points to build a 12-4 lead with 15:37 to play until halftime.
- Mike Winterburn pulled the Shoremen back within four at 13-9 by hitting a three with 13:14 to play until the half, but the Midshipmen took control of the game with a 15-2 run to take a 28-11 lead with 9:15 to go until halftime.
- Navy outscored the Shoremen 23-9 in the remainder of the half to take a 51-20 lead into the locker room.
- The Midshipmen outscored Washington 59-25 in the second half to provide the final margin.
For the Shoremen (1-2)
- Derrick Carter (team high eight points), Tas Dixon (seven points, five assists in 15 minutes), Marshall (six points, 3-for-3 shooting).
- The Shoremen shot 35% from the floor in the loss.
For Navy (3-2)
- Shawn Anderson and Evan Wieck (game high 14 points each), Hasan Abdullah (game high eight assists).
- Navy shot 59% from the floor in the win and held a 47-21 advantage in rebounds.
- Before taking over as the head coach for Washington in the spring of 2015, Shoremen head coach Aaron Goodman spent the previous nine seasons as an assistant coach for Navy.
Up Next for the Shoremen
11/26 v. Frostburg State - 2:00 p.m.
- Five different Shoremen scored 10 or more points as Washington defeated the Bobcats 85-76 at Frostburg last year.