Schroyer Tallies Goal, Assist in Win
BRYN MAWR, Pa. — Visiting Washington College scored two goals in each half of a 4-0 Centennial Conference field hockey win over host Bryn Mawr this afternoon.
Washington College 4, Bryn Mawr 0
How It Happened
- Clare Ingersoll put the Shorewomen on the board with a tipped in a shot from Alison Pantazes from the right in transition with 23:20 left in the first half.
- Nicole Schroyer pushed the lead to 2-0 with a goal off an assist from Kailyn Brandt with 5:24 to go before halftime. Brandt sent a pass from the right to Schroyer, who scored from just inside the circle on the left side.
- Olivia Auer scored the Shorewomen's third goal from near the middle of the circle with 19:08 left in the game.
- Emily Pantazes found the back of the cage with 13:08 remaining off an assist from Schroyer to complete the scoring.
For the Shorewomen (4-3, 2-0 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Schroyer (goal, assist), Auer (goal), Ingersoll (goal), E. Pantazes (goal), A. Pantazes (assist), Brandt (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Morgan Domanico (2 saves, 0 goal allowed, 57:06), Kayla Zapcic (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 12:54)
- The Shorewomen held a 9-2 advantage in shots and a 13-4 advantage in penalty corners in the game.
For Bryn Mawr (4-3, 0-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Angela Meng (3 saves, 4 goals allowed, 70:00)
- This is the first time since 2012 the Shorewomen have opened their Centennial Conference schedule with two wins.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/23 v. Johns Hopkins - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Game)